My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.dearskysteward.com/
and update your bookmarks.

New York to Washington, With Amenities, and a Low Price? Take the Bus!

The Sky Steward:
"As much as I love flying, I was intrigued when the Tripper Bus started service between New York and Washington. They are doing it right; with wireless internet and power outlets so that you can surf the web from D.C. to NYC and stay productive for the entire 4 hour trip. The best part is that you won't have to power your devices 'off' for take off and landing!!!!

It would be nice to have a bus attendant on here though (cocktails maybe), don't you agree?

Would I give up my airline seat for a seat on the 'hound'? Well consider the extra time that is normally required for airline travel in order to go through security, for transportation to and from the airport, and add a few minutes for the ever present airport delay (especially for LaGuardia). I think the Tripper Bus is worth a try. I will report back after I take my ride! If anyone uses the service before me, please report your experience.

Fares:
The Tripper Bus $1-$25
Amtrak $72-$198
US Airway Shuttle $129-$329

Visit the Tripper website
Check out service on other bus lines too:

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

The Flying Pinto said...

I think you may be on to something. I used to live in NJ, and when I would go to MA to visit family sometimes I would pass right by Newark airport and drive the six hours instead...after all you said it, I would have to park, check in, go through security, blah...blah....blah and as a non-rev I know my car has a capacity of five, it's booked to one and it's going when I get there: )

Anonymous said...

Tripper is hardly the first or only company to offer wi-fi. DC2NY, Megabus and Bolt offer the same services as well.
As for being a "new" service, that is not true. This is Washington Deluxe, owned by Betty Unger, operating under a new name, as I read in the DC Business Journal.

Gailen David, The Sky Steward said...

Thanks Flying Pinto! I know, it is amazing that I would consider the bus, but as long as I have my computer, I am good to go! G

Also to the Anon poster. Thanks for the comment. Bolt looks like a winner as well.

Anonymous said...

GEE Sky Steward...I would rather much ride you instead of the bus. You are gorgeous. *******